Accounts and Passwords
IT provisions and manages most of the computer accounts and passwords on campus. We help our users get accounts to our systems, reset passwords, etc. The campus features the Initial Signon System (ISO), which allows a single username and password to be used to access most of the electronic resources available to the campus community.
When you were admitted to Michigan Tech, you were sent information regarding your Michigan Tech ID number (M number), username, Initial Sign-On (ISO) password, and email address.
Your username and ISO password allow you to access many university applications, including Resnet and/or Wireless, Email, Canvas, and Banweb.
Your Michigan Tech ID Number
Your Michigan Tech ID number is called your M number. You will need to use this secure identification number for many things on campus, including:
- As your initial sign-on password for many University web applications
- To obtain your Tech Express ID card
- When filling out campus forms
- When taking tests or exams that use "bubble sheets"
- When paying your bill online via e-check (You will need to enter the last four digits of your M number for verification.)
Changing your ISO password
Your ISO password is initially set to your Michigan Tech ID number (M number). We strongly encourage you to change your ISO password to make your account more secure. To do so:
- Log in at: mylogin.mtu.edu.
- Click on My Accounts.
- Select Michigan Tech.
- Enter and confirm your new password.
Forgot your ISO Password?
If you've forgotten your ISO password, please contact the IT Help Desk at (906) 487-1111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Library and IT Service Center desk. You may also contact the Registrar's Office at (906) 487-2319.