Poster Printing at Michigan Tech
We offer large format printing (plotting) services. We have several large format printers capable of printing on various types of paper finishes. This service involves a small charge to cover material expenses.
Senior Design and Poster Expos
In the event of many poster submissions arriving at once — such as upcoming research, design, or enterprise expos — the normal 48-hour lead time is needed to guarantee on-time delivery. Even this might not leave you sufficient time for reprints, since a reprint will take just as long as the original poster and requires the same scheduling.
Senior Design students may receive a deadline from their instructor or TA, leaving enough time for reprints. Always keep eventualities like the need for a reprint in mind when submitting posters. Anything submitted as an emergency request (as outlined above), whether an original print or a reprint, cannot be guaranteed.
If you need a reprint, the procedure is the same. Simply resubmit, making sure to check the box labeled: "This is a reprint" (at the bottom of the form). We always try to expedite reprint requests, but you should allow additional lead time for this eventuality at the end of any given semester. As noted above, there is a very high volume of requests at this time.
You will receive an email notification when your poster is printed. Your poster will be available for pickup at the location you specified in the poster submission request form.
- If you indicated the need for direct delivery of your poster, you must be available to take delivery during normal business hours.
- If you indicated the need for a deposit form (by entering “cash” in place of an account number), it will be included with your poster. The poster will be labeled with whatever you entered in the Name of Group or Team field of the submission form.
Submit a Poster Request
Please use the form below to submit your poster printing request.
Note: all fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required fields.
- Posters must be submitted from either 1) a computer on campus connected to the Michigan Tech network, or 2) a computer connected to the Michigan Tech network through a VPN connection. Posters submitted from off-campus will not be accepted.
- The only supported fonts are those that come with the installation of Office 2010; fonts other than those supported may cause results to vary. The poster printer will notify the customer of the font issue to verify how the requestor wishes to proceed.
- Posters are limited on one side by 40". The paper roll is only 42" wide.
- At this time we are not allowed to bill E2xxxx, E4xxxx or E5xxxx accounts. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Also, at this time IT does not have the ability to mount posters. We can, however, advise you on whom to contact.